Tim heads the Service Department. As the lead mechanic for more 25 years, he knows the ins and outs of bicycles. Through the years, he’s learned and developed all the tricks. From BMX racing bikes to the most aerodynamic, carbon fiber time trial frames, Tim knows how to take care of your bike.
“What isn’t there to like about the cycling industry and culture? I like it all — being outside, meeting people, forming relationships, towing your kids around.”
- Advanced Bicycle Mechanics, United Bicycle Institute
- Advanced Wheel Builder, United Bicycle Institute
- Maintenance, Mechanics, and Repair, Specialized Bicycle Components University (SBCU)
Favorite Place to Ride
- “Dropping in at 10,500 ft on The Whole Enchilada trail in the La Salle Mountains in Moab, Utah. I’ve never felt more alive on a bicycle.”
- As a high school senior, Tim bunny-hopped 11 people at the Walla Walla Parade and made front page news.
- In 1996, Tim took a Bike Magazine three-day tour from Hells Canyon to the North Fork of the Clearwater River in Idaho. The tour was featured in the magazine, which is framed in the shop. Come on in and he’ll tell you the story!
- In the 1998 BMX season, he took third place in Washington State for overall points in his class.